Our service events invite our youth to engage the community and the congregation through acts of service. We haven’t yet been able to accomplish all the acts of service we feel called to share but we’ve gotten started in a number of ways. These include:
- Participation in the Souper Bowl of Caring, where money is raised to benefit the Survival Center, and aid in the fight against World Hunger.
- Baking pretzels for the congregation and serving them during a coffee hour in Lent, a reminder of the prayerful aspect of the season.
- Fundraising for World Hunger through the sale of Fair trade Chocolate.
- Hosting an ice cream social fundraiser to establish a campership fund for the congregation.
- Leading a service project for Mary Ann’s Kids, to benefit foster children in the area.